Coaching for executives is the best way, bar none, that a company can expand and encourage a leader to be more, do more, contribute more. It positively impacts the individual leader, the team she or he manages and the end user of the companie’s product or service. The corporate knock on effect is repeat business and ongoing recommendations. What’s not to love?
Most CEOs and Human Resource Directors, when considering coaching for their executives and leaders ask these top questions:
- Q: How do I choose which executives to coach – we can’t fund all of them.
- A: Pick the most high performing and intuitive executives first. Someone that already has momentum is going to influence change quickly and effectively – and that’s inspiring and encouraging to everyone else. Don’t mistake this for the most dynamic; high performing could equally mean expert in their area with a less outspoken approach.
- Q: How do I measure return on investment
- A: You look at a person’s conversation and how clear it is; a leaders openness to new and extrovert ideas; their motivation to complete a project; their ability to inspire their team; their respect and inclusion of others; their commitment to expanding themselves – intellectually, emotionally, consciously. If a leader is ticking all these boxes, business can go only one way …
- Q: What does it cost
- A: It costs 30 minutes of an director or senior manager’s time twice per month. Financially that’s going to cost less than £300 per month per leader. That’s less than a travel allowance!!! For a clear, expanding, motivating, practical and talented executive to then make observations about what’s going well in the company and spot right now where there are opportunities for growth or greater impact, you simply can’t buy a more effective business asset than that.
As I’ve said over and over again (so if this is your first time of hearing you’re lucky!) I don’t coach clients with issues; my clients are successful professionals who know that with the right conversation, with a safe, non-judgemental place to voice what they’re thinking, and with a coach who has the ability to tactically ask them to stretch, then they’re going to access more ideas, more courage and more results in a considerably shorter time span.
Clients who have come to me with a goal of ‘moving from regional to national within a year’ continue to work with me 3 years on because they got to national in 6 months and international within 12 months. They’ve experienced first hand that clear thinking, honest communication and courage to step up blasts ordinary performance out of the water.
Extraordinary results are not the exclusive domain of the superstar, high-profile business people you see on tv shows or read about in the newspapers. There are millions of change makers, innovators and customer-centred pioneers out there confidently and quietly changing the world. They’re making companies better places for the people that work there. They’re challenging the status quo and putting passion before profits (which ultimately creates success in both). They’re doing what they can to serve their clients authentically and make their piece of the world more relevant, more inclusive, more simple.
Choosing to work with a conscious executive coach will change your personal and professional life forever. Are you ready?